Planned Parenthood Advocates Mar Monte is the political arm of Planned Parenthood Mar Monte. Every day, we work hard to achieve our mission: To protect women's health and privacy through lobbying and public policy, electing pro-choice candidates at all levels of government and identifying, educating and mobilizing pro-choice voters.
What We Do:
- Research candidates’ positions on issues such as access to family planning services, comprehensive medically accurate sexuality education and abortion-access.
- Educate the public, public-policy influencers and elected officials about policy issues and their impact on Planned Parenthood’s clients, services and communities.
- Publicize candidates’ views and voting records through voter guides, advertisements, letters to the editor and websites.
- Endorse pro-choice candidates.
- Target key races where our support can make a difference for a pro-choice victory. Support may take the form of independent expenditures, slate mailers, comparison postcards, get-out-the-vote campaigns and/or public endorsements.
- Mobilize pro-choice voters through education and get-out-the-vote activities.
- Lobby elected officials and hold them accountable to their pro-choice constituents.
We need your help to meet these goals! To learn more about how you can help PPAMM protect access to reproductive health care and sexual health education, please visit our Get Involved at PPAMM and Donate to PPAMM pages or email firstname.lastname@example.org.